1/3 Photos of Challah II With Maple Syrup Glaze (Eggless Version)
I love this challah recipe! It has no eggs and very little oil but tastes delicious. This recipe can be easily made in a KitchenAid mixer or a bread machine. Although the maple syrup glaze isn't very conventional, I think it tastes great.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup water in bowl of mixer.
- 3Sprinkle yeast over water and mix, let stand 10 minutes until foamy.
- 4Add remaining ingredients into mixing bowl.
- 5Mix with dough hook for 6 minutes.
- 6Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- 7Punch down dough.
- 8Let rise until double in bulk.
- 9Punch down again.
- 10Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- 11Roll dough into 3 long strands.
- 12Braid the strands, tucking the ends under.
- 13Cover with towel and let double in bulk.
- 14Glaze with maple syrup.
- 15Bake at 400 F for approximately 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 16The challah is done when it sounds hollow when thumped on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Challah II With Maple Syrup Glaze (Eggless Version)
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g