1/3 Photos of Challah (Egg Bread)
3 hrs 15 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I got this particular recipe out of my Breadman Bread Book. The books explicity states to add the liquid ingredients first. So I will list them in the order I put them into the machine. I used Nu Laid egg replacers instead of eggs to lessen the cholesterol. I was so pleased with this recipe and the bread rose up very high. I added a 1/4 cup of currants to the bread when it beeped 3 times just to add something different to the mix. This is for a 2 pound loaf. I used the basic bread setting with a medium crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat your water to 100-115'F.
- 2Take the bread pan out of the bread machine and add the ingredients according to your bread machine. I put mine in the order as stated in the ingredients according to my breadman bread machine instructions.
- 3Just make sure that you add the yeast last, it shouldn't touch the wet ingredients.
- 4Set the machine to accomodate a white or basic bread for a 2 pound loaf with a medium crust.
- 5Set it and let it do it's magic.
- 6Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Challah (Egg Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g