This egg rich bread is traditionally served in Jewish households to begin the Sabbath, Try serving for breakfast with fruit preserves or slice thick and use to make superb French toast. The recipe comes from Red Star Yeast.
- Bread Machine method: Have liquids ingredients at 80 degrees and all others at room temperature.
- Place in pan basket in order listed.
- select dough/manual cycle.
- Do not use delay timer.
- Check dough consistency after 5 minutes of kneading, making adjustments if necessary.
- At the end of cycle, remove dough and follow shaping and baking insructions.
- Raising, Shaping and Baking: Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease.
- Cover, let rise until dough until almost double.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; punch down to remove bubbles.
- roll or pat into a 14-x7-inch rectangle, Starting with the shorter side, roll up tightly, pressing dough into a roll.
- Pinch edges and ends to seal.
- Place in greased 9-x-5-inch loaf pan.
- cover, let rise until indentation remains after touching, Brush loaf with slightly beaten egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
- sprinkle with sesame or Poppy seeds, bake in preheated 375 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool.