Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
challah without eggs.
Make and share this Challah recipe from Food.com.
- Place flour in a large soup pot or or other large container like a bowl. Boil 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Add yeast, salt, sugar to flour.
- When water boils, add room temperature water, then the oil then the boiling water.
- Mix together until able to lift out and place on counter or other surface.
- Kneed dough, but not too much. Just until done.
- Coat pot or bowl used to mix with some oil and place kneeded dough in pot to coat one side then turn over.
- Place a wet towel over top of pot and let dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. DO NOT PUNCH DOWN.
- Braid dough into several challahs.
- Bake at 350 until done.
- May add chocolate chips if special occasion or use this dough to make babaka.