Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipie given to me by my cousin Mary.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small even sized potatoes
- 10 fluid ounces cream
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces emmenthaler cheese or 4 ounces gruyere, grated
- Parboil the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes into a casserole dish.
- mix the gream, garlic and nutmeg.
- pour the cream mixture onto the potatoes.
- Place the grated cheese on top.
- Cook in a preheated medium oven 45-50 minutes.
I agree with Jen T's comments. I have made this a few times, but now to reduce the fat content I use a reduced fat cream and I have reduced the cheeses by about a third. I think it still tastes as good. Thank your cousin Mary for me!
Another great potato recipe. Easy to make and tastes like scalloped potatoes without having to spend time slicing! Thanks for posting, Cheers