Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I received an Ohio cookbook from Midwest Maven with this recipe from Cheff Jeff - Chalet Kitchen - Guggisberg Cheese Factory in Millersburg. It sounds really good and I wanted to share it with all of you! Preparation and cooking times are approximate, and do not include freezing time for cheese.
- 12 ounces guggisberg baby swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces sauterine wine (white)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine both cheeses and cornstarch, and freeze for at least one day. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- In a med. saucepan, saute garlic, then add Sauterne. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in thawed cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in Sherry, reduce heat to a simmer. Place mixture in a fondue pot over med. to low heat.
- Dip French bread cubes, bread or vegetable sticks.