Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from "Vegetarian Dinner in Minutes" by Linda Gassenheimer.
Make and share this Chakcuouka (A Tunisian Cooked Tomato and Pepper Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place red bell peppers on tray.
- Spray peppers with olive oil spray.
- Broil 5 minutes per side.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from broiler, and core, seed, and slice them.
- Add peppers and tomatoes to frying pan.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- If mixture is watery, cook a few minutes more.
- Sprinkle with sugar and toss well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pita in broiler, which should still be warm from cooking peppers, for 2 minutes before serving.
- Spoon warm salad into a serving bowl or on individual plates with couscous salad and serve with warm pita bread.