Chef Dudo's Note:
At a small kosher restaurant the menu read Chakchouka. When we asked what it was we were told by the Israeli owner that it was a common breakfast or lunch meal. Of course we had to try it. Very good, spicy, yet tasty. I wrote down the "bare essentials" of the recipe on a napkin and then tried it at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- 2Add onions, bell pepper, red chillies, tomatoes and potatoes.
- 3Saute vegetables in olive oil for a few minutes.
- 4Add water, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and simmer on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Break 4 eggs into the pan; spaced so that they do not touch each other.
- 7Cover and continue to simmer 4 to 5 minutes, until eggs are cooked.
- 8Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chakchouka ( Cooked Vegetables With Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 96.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g