Recipe by Christine J.
A favorite among developers everywhere
Top Review by Juicifer
From the moment that you open the Chairman's Tupperware and see his Butter Nuggets you know you're in for a treat. To be completely honest, it was unclear to me what these little critters were at first, but being an adventurous eater I dug right in. Man, oh man. The Chairman's Butter Nuggets reward you with a caramelized crunch and a mouth full of the eponymous fatty magic that made Paula Deen a sweaty superstar. All hail the Chairman's Butter Nuggets!
- 8 ounces puff corn (or Corn Puffs cereal)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Place puff corn in a large roasting pan.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan bring butter, sugar and syrup to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda. Caramel will foam.
- Stir well.
- Pour over puff corn and bake at 250F for 45 minutes; stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.