Recipe by Carambola
Will need to adjust for personal taste. I was buying 1-2 starbucks chai tea lattes every day and quickly realized I was spending $100. - $200. on lattes every month. I read the ingredients from latte mixes and came up with this recipe. I like it best with brown sugar although it's also great with honey (and a little healthier) A bonus: I like this recipe MUCH better than a starbuck's chai tea latte!
Top Review by Annacia
What a yummy tea drink. I used Splenda for the sugar (2 tsps) and did add the vanilla. The spice is very mild but it adds a lovely taste and fregrance. I think I'd give this 5 stars with less milk and more rea. :D
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon instant tea (unsweetened or no flavoring)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to 1-1/2 cups milk and vanilla in microwave proof bowl or saucepan
- In microwave or on stovetop: Heat until the temperature you like your latte (do not boil).
- Froth with portable electric wisk / frother --- or by hand and pour into mug (I make mine every morning to drink in a travel mug on the way to work).