Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 5 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. Cooking time is freezing time of 4 hours plus time to heat milk. Don't see why you couldn't substitute other berries for the raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 400 ml low-fat milk
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or granulated sugar substitute)
- 40 g raspberries (1/3 cup fresh or defrosted frozen)
- 1 tablespoon mint (small leaves)
- Put water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatine powder over and stir until dissolved and set aside.
- Put milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Remove pan from the heat and add tea bags and jiggle and cover and set aside for 5 minutes to steep and then remove tea bags.
- Add gelatine mixture to milk mixture and stir until combines and then pour into dishes and put in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Top the jellies with raspberries and mint leaves to serve.
YUM! The only reason it's not 5 stars is that it does need to be sweeter. I couldn't detect any sweetness & it needed some. I made 1 1/2 recipes because there's 3tsp gelatin in a packet. I don't have chai teabags so I used 2tsp black tea & 2tsp Annacia's Spiced Milk Tea : Masala Chai. I think it would have been fine with 1tsp each. It's a really nice, light & tasty dessert/snack that I will make again & again. Thank you! Made for Aussie Swap 12/13.