Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living, December 2009.
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons eggnog, divided
- parchment paper
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove tea leaves from tea bag; discard bag.
- Stir together tea leaves, cookie mix, butter, egg, and 2 tablespoons eggnog until well blended.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
- Whisk together powdered sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 2 tablespoons eggnog until smooth. Spoon over cooled cookies.