Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Surprise! No cool whip that you purchase, it is cool and it is whipped and it is a light dessert after a heavy meal.If you like chai tea you will like this dessert.
- 591.47 ml water
- 3 chai tea teabags
- 9.85 ml sugar or 2 (2 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream or 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 3 (170.09 g) packetknox unflavored gelatin
- 0.25 ml nutmeg (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 0.25 ml allspice (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 0.25 ml cinnamon (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.)
- In medium saucepan add cold water and gelatin. Let it sit about 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan add 2 1/2 cups water and 3 tea bags, heat to boil, then simmer until tea is strongly steeped. Squeeze the tea bags and remove.
- Stir the gelatin and gradually add the half and half or milk.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the tea, then the sugar or Splenda and stir.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set. About 2 hours.
- Whip until fluffy and light. Return to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in dishes or pile in parfait glasses and place a maraschino cherry on top.
I love Chai Tea & loved the fact that this is made with Splenda since I can't have sugar.