Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Surprise! No cool whip that you purchase, it is cool and it is whipped and it is a light dessert after a heavy meal.If you like chai tea you will like this dessert.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 chai tea teabags
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 (2 ounce) packetsknox unflavored gelatin
- 1 pinch nutmeg (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 1 pinch allspice (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 1 pinch cinnamon (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.)
- In medium saucepan add cold water and gelatin. Let it sit about 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan add 2 1/2 cups water and 3 tea bags, heat to boil, then simmer until tea is strongly steeped. Squeeze the tea bags and remove.
- Stir the gelatin and gradually add the half and half or milk.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the tea, then the sugar or Splenda and stir.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set. About 2 hours.
- Whip until fluffy and light. Return to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in dishes or pile in parfait glasses and place a maraschino cherry on top.
I love Chai Tea & loved the fact that this is made with Splenda since I can't have sugar.