Montana Heart Song's Note:
Surprise! No cool whip that you purchase, it is cool and it is whipped and it is a light dessert after a heavy meal.If you like chai tea you will like this dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 chai tea teabags
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 (2 ounce) packets knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 pinch nutmeg (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 1 pinch allspice (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.) or 1 pinch cinnamon (if you want before it is whipped.The dessert is good either way.)
- 1In medium saucepan add cold water and gelatin. Let it sit about 10 minutes.
- 2In another saucepan add 2 1/2 cups water and 3 tea bags, heat to boil, then simmer until tea is strongly steeped. Squeeze the tea bags and remove.
- 3Stir the gelatin and gradually add the half and half or milk.
- 4Add the vanilla.
- 5Gradually add the tea, then the sugar or Splenda and stir.
- 6Pour into a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set. About 2 hours.
- 7Whip until fluffy and light. Return to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 8Serve in dishes or pile in parfait glasses and place a maraschino cherry on top.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Tea Cool Whip Gelatin Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chai tea teabags