Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1/16 ounce) bag black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 slice fresh gingerroot
- to taste sugar or honey
- 10 -12 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 -5 teaspoons star anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- Bring water and spices to boil in saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add teabags and milk, simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweetner to taste. Serves 4.
- (The tea becomes spicier as it sits, may want to strain out spices).