Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had been wanting to try this recipe for a long time. I finally bought some ground cardamom (the only ingredient I didn't have around my house) and made them. They are so good-- buttery and fragrant with the delicious flavors of spiced chai tea. I believe I tore the recipe out from a free magazine I got at Whole Foods a few years ago. Great served with tea or coffee.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter with granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine spices, flour and salt with a wire whisk until well mixed. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Scoop teaspoons of dough and roll with hands into small balls. Place on a baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar in a pie plate. Roll warm cookies in sugar and cool on a wire rack.