2 hrs 23 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Barbell Bunny's Note:
A crispy and pretty chai cookie. Note: Do not pre-heat the oven as you mix your ingredients; chilling the dough is recommended!!! Also: You can sprinkle the cookies after baking with sugar, or you can sprinkle or roll them in sugar prior to baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Add cardamom, ginger, and cloves.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- 4Beat in sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes.
- 5Add egg and beat for 30 seconds.
- 6Beat in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- 7Stir in the flour mixture to the large bowl mixture.
- 8When mixed, dough will be slightly soft.
- 9Put dough on waxed paper and shape it into a log, roughly 12 x 2 inches.
- 10Chill dough 1 to 6 hours.
- 11After chilling, preheat oven to 375.
- 12Cut the log into 1/4-inch slices.
- 13Note: If you cannot chill the dough long enough, it might be too soft to slice neatly. In this case, cut the log into 1/4-inch slices, roll them into balls, and press into neat circles.
- 14Arrange on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 15Sprinkle with reserved sugar and bake for 10-13 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.2
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 57.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g