Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Adapted from Budget Bytes. http://bit.ly/VWeJLw
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 73.94 ml cold butter, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450°F In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom. Pulse processor until combined.
- Add butter and process in 1-second pulses until it resembles coarse meal, about 8-10 pulses.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Add flour-butter mixture and stir until combined. It should be fairly moist; if it's dry, crumbly, or there is still flour in the bowl, add cold water by 1/2 tablespoon increments until it all comes together.
- Flour a surface lightly and turn out dough. Shape into a 1"-thick disc for regular sized scones; divide in half and make each half into a 1"-thick disc for mini scones. Cut disc(s) into 8 wedges.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon liner. Arrange scones on sheet and bake in preheated oven 15-17 minutes until light golden-brown.