Adapted from Budget Bytes. http://bit.ly/VWeJLw
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom. Pulse processor until combined.
- 2Add butter and process in 1-second pulses until it resembles coarse meal, about 8-10 pulses.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Add flour-butter mixture and stir until combined. It should be fairly moist; if it's dry, crumbly, or there is still flour in the bowl, add cold water by 1/2 tablespoon increments until it all comes together.
- 4Flour a surface lightly and turn out dough. Shape into a 1"-thick disc for regular sized scones; divide in half and make each half into a 1"-thick disc for mini scones. Cut disc(s) into 8 wedges.
- 5Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon liner. Arrange scones on sheet and bake in preheated oven 15-17 minutes until light golden-brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Spiced Scones
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g