Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Adapted from Budget Bytes. http://bit.ly/VWeJLw
Make and share this Chai Spiced Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom. Pulse processor until combined.
- Add butter and process in 1-second pulses until it resembles coarse meal, about 8-10 pulses.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Add flour-butter mixture and stir until combined. It should be fairly moist; if it's dry, crumbly, or there is still flour in the bowl, add cold water by 1/2 tablespoon increments until it all comes together.
- Flour a surface lightly and turn out dough. Shape into a 1"-thick disc for regular sized scones; divide in half and make each half into a 1"-thick disc for mini scones. Cut disc(s) into 8 wedges.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon liner. Arrange scones on sheet and bake in preheated oven 15-17 minutes until light golden-brown.