Recipe by NorthwestGal
A recipe I found on www.food-india.com website. There are several other chai recipes posted to this site, but none have quite the lineup of spices that are included in this recipe, which I really liked a lot.
Top Review by Jostlori
This is a great Chai! The spices are perfectly balanced. I used cardamom pods, which I think make a huge difference. And, used whole milk instead of half n half. I like this really well when chilled and poured over ice! Thanks for posting! Made for FF&F Best of 2014.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup half and half milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 1/2 inch cinnamon stick)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cardamom (or 3 cardamom pods)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (or 2 whole cloves)
- 3 black tea bags (green tea and tea blends don't work well)
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, half and half, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and cloves in tea pot or saucepot and let reach a low boil. Stir well and let boil 2 more minutes.
- While still boiling, add the tea bags and let it reach desired tea strength (and color).
- Add sugar as desired, and serve hot.