Recipe by Sky Hostess
This recipe comes from the Dec/Jan issue of Fine Cooking and is by Ellie Krieger. This is delicious! I didn't have golden raisins on hand so I used dried cranberries and it turned out fine. Also, the only Chai tea I had on had was Vanilla Chai. My house smelled wonderful after this was done cooking! This made a wonderful and healthy afternoon snack. I had mine over Vanilla yogurt as that is all I had. I also used far less than their suggested serving. The recipe calls for sliced or slivered almonds but for some reason Food.com does not recognize slivered.
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, each chopped into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes, each chopped into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1-3/4 cups water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- Add the honey, apricots, prunes, and raisins to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid thickens to a light syrup, 18 to 20 minutes. (It will thicken further as it cools). Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Divide the yogurt among 4 small bowls. Serve the compote over the yogurt, topped with the toasted almonds.