I got this out of a 2007 Pillsbury Holiday Cookie Book. I made them for our Christmas trays this year. They taste awesome and are very easy to make. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 7.39 ml ground cardamom
- 7.39 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 19.71 ml vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls.
- On an ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix coating ingredients. Working in batches, gently roll warm cookies in coating mixture.
- Cool on cooling rack 5 minutes.
- Fluff up coating mixture with wire whip and roll cookies in mixture again.