Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this out of a 2007 Pillsbury Holiday Cookie Book. I made them for our Christmas trays this year. They taste awesome and are very easy to make. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 7.39 ml ground cardamom
- 7.39 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 19.71 ml vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls.
- On an ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix coating ingredients. Working in batches, gently roll warm cookies in coating mixture.
- Cool on cooling rack 5 minutes.
- Fluff up coating mixture with wire whip and roll cookies in mixture again.
I love these cookies! After losing my book I tried many recipes but none compared. Great to find it again! Thx for submitting it :)
This cookies has a great flavor, and I love that they are not overly sweet! My only complaint is that I had LOADS of leftover powdered sugar mix, I think I could have gotten away using half the amount. It made 36 cookies on the button. It is a lovely change from pecan dreams while having the same texture, but with the added zip of spice!
Really lovely cookies for my cookie tray this Christmas. Not too sweet and with so much spice it was unlike anything else I made this year. I added two eggs in error instead of just the yolk and it didn't harm the recipe at all.