1/2 Photos of Chai Spiced Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
I got this out of a 2007 Pillsbury Holiday Cookie Book. I made them for our Christmas trays this year. They taste awesome and are very easy to make. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- 3Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- 4Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls.
- 5On an ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 6Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- 7Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- 8In medium bowl, mix coating ingredients. Working in batches, gently roll warm cookies in coating mixture.
- 9Cool on cooling rack 5 minutes.
- 10Fluff up coating mixture with wire whip and roll cookies in mixture again.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Spiced Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 69.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g