1/1 Photo of Chai-spiced Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is another recipe that I found in a Betty Crocker cookbooklet. The recipe makes a light loaf of bread with a delicious cinnamon glaze. It can be served as a snack or dessert with some fresh fruit, a wedge of cheese and a glass of iced tea (or if you prefer, a cup of hot tea). Note: water can be substituted for the chai tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chai tea
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray the bottom of a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray (I use Pam).
- 3Combine the sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- 4With a mixer, beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- 5Add in eggs, tea, milk and vanilla.
- 6Reduce speed on the mixer to low and mix the ingredients well (the mixture will appear to be curdled).
- 7Add in the remaining bread ingredients.
- 8Mix just until moistened and spread in the loaf pan.
- 9Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- 11Cool 30 minutes before glazing.
- 12To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 t milk in a small bowl.
- 13Add additional milk in small amounts until the glaze is spreadable.
- 14Spread the glaze on the bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 15Cool for 2 hours before slicing the bread.
- 16This may be stored at room temperature tightly wrapped for 4 days.
- 17This may be refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai-spiced Bread
Serving Size: 1 (869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3019.7
- Calories from Fat 974
- Total Fat 108.2 g
- Saturated Fat 64.0 g
- Cholesterol 680.5 mg
- Sodium 2738.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 470.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 270.0 g
- Protein 42.7 g