Holey Yum-oly! From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups late-harvest riesling wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 25 cardamom pods, crushed
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 4 peeled bosc pears, cored and halved
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen low-fat pound cake, loaf thawed and cut into 8 slices 8 slices
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in tea leaves; simmer for 2 minutes. Drain wine mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- 4Return wine mixture to pan; add pear halves, cut sides down. Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- 5Remove pears with a slotted spoon; place in a shallow dish. Set pears aside; keep warm.
- 6Bring wine mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes).
- 7Add mascarpone, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 8Place 1 pound cake slice on each of 8 plates, and top each slice with 1 pear half.
- 9Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce over each serving. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai-Spiced Bosc Pears With Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea leaves
low-fat pound cake