Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Holey Yum-oly! From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Chai-Spiced Bosc Pears With Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups late-harvest riesling wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 25 cardamom pods, crushed
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 4 peeled bosc pears, cored and halved
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen low-fat pound cake, loaf thawed and cut into 8 slices 8 slices
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in tea leaves; simmer for 2 minutes. Drain wine mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Return wine mixture to pan; add pear halves, cut sides down. Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove pears with a slotted spoon; place in a shallow dish. Set pears aside; keep warm.
- Bring wine mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes).
- Add mascarpone, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Place 1 pound cake slice on each of 8 plates, and top each slice with 1 pear half.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce over each serving. Serve warm.