Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Betty Crocker "A dusting of sweet powdered sugar hides a delicately spiced, buttery sugar cookie."
- 17 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, finely chopped and toasted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, almonds, allspice, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and almond extract until soft dough forms.
- Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Place powdered sugar in shallow bowl.
- Gently roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat all sides; place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Roll in sugar again.