1/1 Photo of Chai-Spice Cookies -- Gluten-Free or Regular
Fragrant with the classic flavors of chai tea, these buttery, crumbly cookies are perfect for dunking in a cup of tea or coffee. From Whole Foods Market website, you can make these gluten-free as well, using blanched almond flour or a gluten-free all-purpose flour mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Beat butter with granulated sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in flour, spices and salt until just combined.
- 3Scoop and roll dough into small teaspoon-sized balls and place about an inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and let cool completely on a rack.
- 5Store in an airtight container.
- 6NOTE: if using a gluten-free flour, please follow your package directions for adding xanthum gum.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai-Spice Cookies -- Gluten-Free or Regular
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 20.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g