Recipe by I'mPat
From Little Ideas Diabetes by Jody Vassallo - been given this little cookbook and saving the recipes that interest me for safe keeping in case the book grows legs and walks away.
Top Review by loof
This is real treat! I used raisins instead of the dried apples, otherwise made as directed. Smells so good while cooking and the chai spices are great with the honey apples. Between the fruit and the small amount of honey this is just sweet enough without being overly so. Really loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup semolina (80g or 2 2/3oz)
- 100 g dried apples (finely chopped 3 1/3 oz)
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk (625ml or 20 fl oz)
- 2 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (yellow box recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ground spices, semolina, dried apples and milk into a pan and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the semolina is thick and smooth.
- Place the sliced apples and honey into a pan and cook over mnedium heat for 5 minutes or until the apples are soft and golden.
- Spoon the semolina into 4 bowls and top with the honey apples.