Recipe by House
Found in Prevention Magazine. Looked interesting, not to mention healthy and low calorie.
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 2 -4 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lb sea scallops, each halved across grain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep tea bags 3 minutes in 1/3 cup boiling water. Discard tea bags. Reserve tea.
- Sprinkle bok choy with ginger. Steam over rapidly boiling water in steamer with lid until bright green and easily pierced with tip of knife, about 8 minutes.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt. Warm oil in large skillet over medium-heat. Add scallops in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add tea and coconut milk to skillet. Cook, swirling pan and allowing chai sauce to thicken. Divide sauce among four shallow bowls. Top with bok choy and scallops. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over scallops.