Recipe by CaliCook
Try this for a different flavor from regular pumpkin pie. I really like the blend of spices. I don't like pie crust, so I baked it in a 9-in round cake pan coated with nonstick spray. From Cooking Club Oct/Nov 2009.
Top Review by Babycat
This was a pretty tasty pumpkin pie and the spices gave it a bit of a unique taste. I actually ended up cooking it for less then the specified time because my pie didn't hold all the batter. I used one of those pre-made crusts that you heat up and I had enough batter left over to make six cupcake custard pies which I served with whip-cream.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (I used 12 oz. can evaporated milk)
- 1 unbaked 9-in pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk brown sugar, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk in eggs and egg yolk.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half until blended.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°F.
- Bake an additional 35-45 minutes or until edges are slightly puffed and center barely moves when side of pan is gently tapped.
- Cool on wire rack. serve warm or cold topped with whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.