Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicius finish to a meal
- 4 teaspoons chai tea
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 pears, peeled and cored
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Infuse tea in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes depending.
- Place in large pot and add sugar.
- Bring mixture to just under a boil.
- Once sugar has dissolved add peeled and cored pears and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Poach pears for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft.
- Reserve poaching liquid.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix cheese, vanilla and ginger with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons of poaching liquid to cheese mixture so that it is soft enough to pipe.
- Place mixture in a piping bag and fill the holes in the pears.
- Place 1 cup of poaching liquid and orange zest in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate pot combine cream and honey and heat until warm.
- When warm add cream mixture slowly to poaching liquid.
- To serve place 1 pear on a plate.
- Spoon sauce around the pear.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and a fresh sprig of mint.