A delicius finish to a meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Infuse tea in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes depending.
- 2Place in large pot and add sugar.
- 3Bring mixture to just under a boil.
- 4Once sugar has dissolved add peeled and cored pears and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Poach pears for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft.
- 6Reserve poaching liquid.
- 7Cool to room temperature.
- 8Mix cheese, vanilla and ginger with a fork.
- 9Add 2 tablespoons of poaching liquid to cheese mixture so that it is soft enough to pipe.
- 10Place mixture in a piping bag and fill the holes in the pears.
- 11Place 1 cup of poaching liquid and orange zest in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 12In a separate pot combine cream and honey and heat until warm.
- 13When warm add cream mixture slowly to poaching liquid.
- 14To serve place 1 pear on a plate.
- 15Spoon sauce around the pear.
- 16Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and a fresh sprig of mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Poached Pears Stuffed With Ginger Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 116.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of