Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Link to original blog recipe: http://bsinthekitchen.com/chai-oatmeal-cookies/ Not my recipe! I have modified it to fit my dietary needs!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons loose leaf chai tea
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 teaspoon stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, combine coconut oil with loose leaf tea. Let the oil and chai tea mingle under a low simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now drain the chai from your oil using either a french press coffee machine, a tea strainer or coffee filter.
- Let your chai infused oil sit until it becomes solid again – do this at room temperature and do not put back into the fridge to fasten this process.
- While the oil is going back to a solid form, prep your other ingredients.
- Once the oil has become solid again, whip the oil, shredded coconut and sugars together for two minutes, followed by the eggs and vanilla.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, scoop out your cookies and bake for 12 minutes. Take them out of the oven, let them sit for six minutes until transferring to a cooling rack.