Recipe by JenPo
These are on the spicy side, which means they are not for everyone. I love the combination of spicy and complex with sweet and airy. Also they are fat free. This is Diana Rosen's recipe.
Top Review by CookingLaura
Chai is one of my favorite drinks so i always enjoy anything that uses chai spices. I substituted 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for the cloves and added a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper because I like my chai a little spicier :). These were very good.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add all the egg whites to an electric mixer bowl, and on low, whip into a froth. Then turn the machine to high and beat into firm peaks.
- Add the sugar slowly to the egg whites while maintaining high speed, then turn the mixer off and fold in the spices by hand.
- Drop in little spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and bake for 90 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues inside until it is completely cool.
- Store meringues in an airtight container.