Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
From Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Make and share this Chai Latte Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 4 black chai tea teabags
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Heat milk to almost boiling (in the microwave or a small sauce pan) and steep the tea bags for about 10 minutes, making very strong, milky tea. Don’t worry about making the tea bitter (which can happen as a result of oversteeping) because you won’t taste it in the end product.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Pour half into the yogurt mixture, stirring well, followed by the tea mixture and the rest of the flour. Stir only until just combined, then evenly distribute into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 21-23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with sifted confectioners’ sugar when cooled. Mix 2 tbsp cocoa powder with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg together in a small bowl. Sift lightly over top of the sugar (using a stencil for accuracy, if you want) to add a bit of extra spice.