Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My latest addiction!
- 1 (385 ml) canregular evaporated milk (not condensed!)
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup honey, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cardamom or nutmeg
- chocolate shavings
- Chill 1/3 cup (75ml) of the evaporated milk in the fridge until very cold.
- Combine remaining evaporated milk, tea bags, water and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat chilled 1/3 cup evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla until thick and frothy.
- Strain tea into warmed mugs.
- Spoon frothy mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cardamom or nutmeg and chocolate shavings.
This was great! Lots of flavor & easy.
Love, love, love this recipe. I made it with chocolately chai tea bags, used some leftover whipped cream for the topping and it was fantastic. It was so good I had to run a to-go cup over to my friend so she could rave about it with me. I won't be buying expensive chai lattes at the coffee shop anymore. Thanks for sharing!
I made this with regular milk, vanilla chai teabags & left out the sugar, very nice afternoon pick me up thanks for a keeper!