- 1 (385 ml) canregular evaporated milk (not condensed!)
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup honey, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cardamom or nutmeg
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill 1/3 cup (75ml) of the evaporated milk in the fridge until very cold.
- Combine remaining evaporated milk, tea bags, water and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat chilled 1/3 cup evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla until thick and frothy.
- Strain tea into warmed mugs.
- Spoon frothy mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cardamom or nutmeg and chocolate shavings.