Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chai tea brewed in milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed, whole
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 allspice berries
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons darjeeling tea leaves
- 1 inch piece vanilla bean
- Toast whole or crushed spices in a saucepan over medium high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Pour water over the spices.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add milk, sugar, ginger, vanilla and tea leaves. Stir.
- Cover and heat until just to the simmer, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting just to keep warm.
- Let steep, covered for 5 to 10 minutes or longer, depending how strong you like your tea.
- Strain before serving.
So easy and so good!!! Perfect mix of spices. Very comforting. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.