1 hr 5 mins
Kulfi is an Indian form of ice cream, where milk is reduced into syrup then spiced and frozen to create a rich flavorful dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly crush the spices, then mix them together in a prep bowl and set aside.
- 2Bring milk to a boil for 2-3 minutes in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and reduce to about 2 cups, stirring constantly. This takes about 45 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and spices and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- 5Transfer to four 5 oz ramekins and place in the freezer overnight.
- 6Before serving, quickly dip the ramekin in warm water for a few seconds. This will loosen the ice cream enough to release it from the ramekin and flip it onto a plate to garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Kulfi
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 124.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: