Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Pillsbury Bake Off. A dessert snack with the seasonings of Indian Chai tea! Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml honey
- 4.92 ml instant nonfat dry milk powder or 4.92 ml non-fat coffee creamer
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml dried orange peel
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml Corn Chex
- 709.77 ml Wheat Chex
- 709.77 ml Honey Nut Cheerios
- 236.59 ml dried banana pieces
- 354.88 ml sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 300º.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey, dry milk, all seasonings and vanilla until well mixed.
- In 15x11 roasting pan, mix all remaining ingredients. Pour butter mixture over cereal; toss until evenly coated.
- Bake at 300 for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto waxed paper or paper towels.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- NOTE: for spicier flavor, omit dried milk. If dried milk is used, flavor will be less spicy and a little sweeter.
Easy to make. I used 6 C multi grain Chex, 3 C reg. Cheerios, 1 1/2 C dried pineapple (didn't have banana) and 1 C peanuts. Didn't have dried orange peel and cut the cloves in half. Next time I would use the banana pcs instead of the pineapple. The pineapple got very chewy in the oven! I baked it on two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and slid the paper off the sheets after baking to let cool. Baked for 1 hr.
This was fun to make, and really tasty. I didn't use the milk- it was just spicy enough. Will make again.
My whole house smelled like the holidays, rich, warm and spicy. I left out the banana chips when I was baking it as my daughter doesn't like banana, then divided up the crunch and added banana chips to half for my son and I. The spices blended nicely with the cereals and wasn't overpowering. This was quick to throw together. The only thing I found was the wheat chex browned quicker than the rest.