Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Pillsbury Bake Off. A dessert snack with the seasonings of Indian Chai tea! Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon instant nonfat dry milk powder or 1 teaspoon non-fat coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup dried banana pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 300º.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey, dry milk, all seasonings and vanilla until well mixed.
- In 15x11 roasting pan, mix all remaining ingredients. Pour butter mixture over cereal; toss until evenly coated.
- Bake at 300 for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto waxed paper or paper towels.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- NOTE: for spicier flavor, omit dried milk. If dried milk is used, flavor will be less spicy and a little sweeter.