Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love chai but you never have all the ingredients at hand, this is a wonderful way to have a delicious cup of chai at your fingertips. Add 2 - 3 teaspoons of concentrate to a cup of black tea and enjoy the flavors of India. It also makes a terrific gift, it lasts up to 6 month in the fridge. Recipe origin: Petra Barth.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Put the condensed milk (do NOT confuse with evaporized milk) and the rest of the ingredients into a jug and combine well.
- Pour into a pint mason jar, close with lid and band, shake well and then store in the refrigerator, up to 6 month.
- Use 2 - 3 teaspoons of concentrate per 1 cup of strong black tea.
- If you have an old coffee grinder or a spice mill, grind your own spices, the aroma is so much more intensive.