Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist banana cupcakes infused with chai tea milk and topped with coconut chai frosting
Make and share this Chai Coconut Banana Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan combine 1 cup milk and 3 chai tea bags. Let sit over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Cream 2 sticks butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and continue to beat 3-4 minutes on medium speed. Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add sifted cake flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon and mix until blended. Stir in vanilla and 2/3 cup chai infused milk. Pour cupcake batter into cupcake pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- To prepare frosting, cream 1 stick butter. Add 5 cups powered sugar (1 cup at a time). Slowly add in 1/3-1/2 cup chai milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in chopped coconut.
- Allow cupcakes to fully cool before topping with frosting.
- Makes 24 cupcakes.