1/1 Photo of Chai Chocolate Chip Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
Found in Healthy Cooking magazine. I have not tried this particular recipe but it sounds so good that I have to save it here to try later. The recipe calls for walnuts but I'll probably sub out for almonds...feel free to use the nut you like best. Definitely a biscotti that sounds great to dip into my coffee or tea! Prep. time includes time to refrigerate dough so don't let that frighten you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup chai tea, strongly brewed, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I'll use almonds)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, all the spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk the tea, egg, egg white, milk and vanilla.
- 3Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- 4Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- 5Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
- 6On a baking sheet coated with cook spray shape each half into a 10x2-inch rectangle.
- 7Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place pans on wire racks.
- 8When baked dough is cool enough to handle transfer to a cutting board and using a serrated knife cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.
- 9Place cut side down on the baking sheets (lightly coated again with spray).
- 10Bake an additional 6-9 minutes on EACH SIDE until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g