A Watkins recipe. Definitely try to make with Watkins vanilla and cinnamon if you can. If using any other type of vanilla you will need to double the amount of vanilla in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons watkins powdered latte chai tea mix
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon watkins cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon watkins double-strength vanilla
- 1Heat oven to 325°F/170°C
- 2Grease and flour a round cake pan (8"/20 cm).
- 3Stir hot water into Chai Latte until blended. Measure 1/2 cup/125 mL of the chai latte for the cake and set aside 2 tbsp/30 mL for glaze.
- 4Mix flour, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- 5Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy.
- 6Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and blended.
- 7Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1/2 cup Chai Latte until smooth.
- 8Pour into pan.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- 11Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 12Spread Chai glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- 13For glaze, melt butter in 1-quart/litre saucepan over medium heat.
- 14Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze on cake. If desired, grate cinnamon on top as garnish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Cake
Serving Size: 1 (878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2938.6
- Calories from Fat 1140
- Total Fat 126.6 g
- Saturated Fat 76.2 g
- Cholesterol 728.0 mg
- Sodium 2093.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 431.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 328.4 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chai tea mix
chai tea mix