Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are lots of variations on bliss balls, I have tried to make mine a low sugar & fructose version with the idea I can take a couple on my long runs. I think that really you could do endless variations on this kind of food stuff anyway :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, unsalted
- 1⁄3 cup tahini paste
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Chop cashews finely, then stir in all the other ingredients except for the desiccated coconut.
- NB; My coconut oil had set in the pantry, so i dry roasted the cashews and stirred them in while hot. This melted the coconut oil and loosened the mix. Then I popped the mix in the fridge for a half hour to firm up again.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated, form into balls with your hands.
- Put the desiccated coconut on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Roll each ball in the coconut.