- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 8 allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 16 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 slices fresh ginger, lightly crushed
- 2 tea bags or 1 tablespoon black tea
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and peppercorns.
- In a saucepan, combine the ground spices, water, cardamom pods and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the tea bags or loose tea in a tea ball to a teapot.
- Return the spiced water to a boil and pour into the teapot.
- Let steep for 2-3 minutes , then strain the tea and serve with milk and honey on the side.