Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Outdoors Series, Snow Country Cooking, by Diane Rossen Worthington (Time-Life Books, 1999).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and peppercorns.
- 2In a saucepan, combine the ground spices, water, cardamom pods and ginger.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the tea bags or loose tea in a tea ball to a teapot.
- 6Return the spiced water to a boil and pour into the teapot.
- 7Let steep for 2-3 minutes , then strain the tea and serve with milk and honey on the side.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: