Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious chai recipe I received from my Urdu teacher. Enjoy!
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 1 pinch anise seed
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 black tea bags
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Remove cardomom seeds from pods and place on a piece of aluminum foil (big enough to make a pouch around the spices) with the anise seeds.
- Crush the spices with a rolling pin and reserve.
- Bring the milk and water to a boil.
- Put the tea bags in the liquid.
- Bring liquid to a boil 3 times, removing from heat each time it boils.
- After the third time the liquid boils, remove from heat and stir in spices.
- Strain liquid.
- Stir in sugar.