1/1 Photo of Chaeshoernli Mit Apfelmus - Macaroni & Cheese With Applesauc
The origin of Mac & Cheese sourced from www.europeancuisines.com The original recipe uses Appenzeller cheese or Urner Bergkaese cheese. If you can't get either of these cheeses use your favourite cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE APPLESAUCE
- 1Cook the pasta in salted water and drain. Peel the onions, chop them in thin slices and saute them in butter: then mix them with the pasta. Stir the cream into this mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Grate the Appenzeller cheese or Bergkaese and scatter it over the macaroni. Sizzle the butter until light brown and pour it over the dish.
- 3For the apple sauce:.
- 4Peel and core the apples. Cook slowly with the apple juice, cinnamon, whole nutmeg and sugar: add a squeeze or so of lemon juice toward the end of the process.
- 5Remove the whole spices, sieve the puree, and sweeten to taste if necessary: then whip the remaining cream, top the applesauce with it, and serve alongside the macaroni/cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chaeshoernli Mit Apfelmus - Macaroni & Cheese With Applesauc
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.9
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.3 mg
- Sodium 267.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 60.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: