Recipe by ChadFoodie
A hearty stick to you ribs chili I developed for a Veterans group that meets on Wednesday nights at a close friends house. ...
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 1 lb chopped bacon
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup prepared ketchup
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large bell peppers, medium chopped
- 3 Spanish onions, fine chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed diced fine
- 1 tablespoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional only if you like it HOT!!!)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- First, brown all meats in roasting pan in oven at 415 degrees. While meat is browning combine all remaining ingredients in heavy-bottomed stock pot. stir well.
- Add browned meat fat drained away to pot stir well. bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer on low for 4-6 hours covered. About 30 min before serving time if you prefer a thicker sauce with your chili make a slurry of a 1/4 cup of cool water to a heaping tbs, of cornstarch mix until lumps disappear. Add to pot an stir. Chili will tighten up almost immediately.
- Serve with all of your favorite sides etc.