Recipe by NELady
I made this casserole from ingredients that were in my pantry and refrigerator - I wrote it down as I went because it smelled so good!
- 1 lb jimmy dean regular pork sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 sweet mini bell peppers or 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (can substitute frozen or canned, I cut mine right off the cob)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (can substitute any cream soup you have on hand)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagejimmy dean peppered gravy mix
- 1 cup jasmine rice (can substitute long-grain white rice or Basmati rice, use whatever rice you have on hand)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Over medium heat, cook sausage with onion, peppers, celery and corn until cooked through in a large frying pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into 9x12" baking dish (I sprayed mined with non-stick cooking spray).
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until rice is done.